If you want to change your life, you have to feed your mind positive, uplifting stuff. But, it’s not all about “rah rah” messages, it’s also about finding helpful, practical ideas that you can implement in your life that will lead to greater happiness, success, peace, and abundance … and basically anything else you really want in life. To help you, we’ve compiled a list of the 10 Best Personal Growth Blogs (#11 is a bonus … keep reading to find out what it is).
Theories don’t cut it and inspiration will only go so far if it’s not backed with practical how to’s. That’s why I’m a fan of following people who offer rock-solid advice and tools that make a real difference.
Here are ten bloggers I recommend you check out. And, yup, I’ve deliberately not posted the “mega blog” sites here … I’m highlighting the in-the-trenches folks who produce great original content that really hits home.
Our Picks for the 10+ Best Personal Growth Blogs of 2016 Are …
1. Live Bold and Bloom Barrie Davenport, author of the new book Finely Tuned: How to Thrive as a Sensitive Person or Empath, is a self-proclaimed personal growth seeker. In my opinion, she’s a true expert on personal growth and positive change. You may know her as an author, online teacher, or a certified coach. Barrie’s blog is committed to helping people shift their thinking, create positive new habits, and build lifetime confidence.
2. Marc & Angel – Hack Life In addition to being professional coaches, Marc and Angel Chernoff are “full-time students of life and admirers of the human spirit.” You might not know their names but recognize their famous “list” posts … as their blogs generally start along the lines of “7 ways to …” “25 signs of…” “5 things to …” When you visit their site, you’ll know what I’m talking about. Their blog is packed with helpful, practical ways to improve the quality of your life. In addition, they are authors of the book 1,000+ Little Things Happy Successful People Do Differently.
3. Gretchen Rubin Gretchen is a highly sought-after writer on building good habits and living a happy life. Gretchen’s most recent book is Better than Before: Mastering the Habits of Our Everyday Lives. She’s also the author of The Happiness Project, which sold more than 2 million copies worldwide.
4. Change Your Thoughts Change Your Life Site owner Steven Aitchison does a great job of not only writing on-target, enlightening posts himself, but also finding other personal growth writers for his highly inspirational and informational blog. Steven says he loves writing and speaking about personal development, calling it his passion. The site is packed with 700+ articles and you’re sure to find some great stuff here that will apply to you.
5. Live Your Legend Scott Dinsmore is not just a blogger … he’s trying to start a revolution. And, given that more than 100,000 have downloaded his free Passionate Work Toolkit, including the 27 Questions to Find Your Passion Workbook, I think he’s off to a good start. If Live Your Legend hasn’t been on your radar screen yet, you’ll be glad I pointed this one out.
6. A Daring Adventure Life coach Tim Brownson launched his A Daring Adventure site to help people who feel stuck, stressed and overwhelmed, or who just want more out of life He calls himself the “Life Coach Who Gets People Unstuck.” I must put a warning on this: if you’re easily offended by rougher language, don’t follow Tim. His messages are on-point, but often have a crustier edge than some sites.
7. Paid to Exist: Live and Work on Your Own Terms With posts like “How to Wake Up on Fire” and “What’s Keeping You From Launching Your Gifts?” site owner Jonathan Mead cuts right to the heart of what it takes to live life on your terms. If the idea of building a lifestyle that offers great freedom and personal reward appeals to you, you’ll want to start following this site. Jonathan has recently turned over the wheel to this blog to a new team. We can’t wait to see what the new folks have in store.
8. Good Life Zen Over a million readers visit Mary Jaksch’s site each year for practical inspiration on how to live a happier life. I enjoy Mary’s refreshing and uplifting tone and practical wisdom. Check it out and while you’re there, check out Mary’s book, Start Over: Create the Life You Want.
9. The Bold Life – Inspiration for Fearless Living A “Courage Coach” for business and life, Tess Marshall is the courageous founder of the fierce and fascinating The Bold Life blog. Tess shows you how to push through fears, offering support, insight, and encouragement all along the way.
10. Kate Northrup Want to get in control of your finances while making a life, not just a living? Kate Northrup is your perfect guide! If her name sounds familiar, that’s because she’s the daughter of Dr. Christiane Northrup, but Kate’s making a name for herself instead of just riding on her famous mom’s coattails. Kate’s the author of the book Money: A Love Story and is an active blogger who offers incredible insight how to establish a healthy, responsible relationship with money.
And one more you should add to your list …
11. Believe and Create Okay, this is a bit self-serving since this is my website, but I strive to provide helpful, insightful, practical ideas for believing in yourself and creating the amazing life you were born to live. Thus far the feedback has been terrific, so if you haven’t spent any time on the Believe and Create blog yet, be sure to check it out.