Affirmations are a powerful way to change your mindset and move forward in the direction of what you want. Affirmations for change can be extremely helpful as you proactively take steps to transform your life or if you are handling changes that have been thrust upon you.
We all get stuck in automatic negative thinking patterns (ANTPs), and practicing daily affirmations is way to break free of those persistent negative thoughts that hold us back. In times of change, learning how to stop those ANTPs is particularly helpful.
Affirmations can be used as a tool to create positive thoughts that will lead to more happiness, health, success, peace of mind, and prosperity.
Using Affirmations for Change
Let’s face it, making and embracing important life changes can be daunting. Change can feel like a challenge, an obstacle to tackle and overcome. But change is also the only constant in life; it’s inevitable that we’ll need to make big adjustments at some point or other.
Do you feel like there is something in your life that needs to change? It may be a job, a relationship, or maybe even a home.
Perhaps you’re volunteering to make a change or maybe a change is coming (or has arrived) that you’re not thrilled about. Whatever you’re facing, take heart. Change is rarely easy for most of us, but you’re well-equipped to handle what’s coming your way; affirmations will just be one more useful tool in your toolbelt.
Affirmations Are Not About What You Think and Feel Right Now
Affirmations aren’t about what you feel at the moment; they’re about what you want and how you want to feel in your life going forward. By making these positive statements, you are literally “affirming” the life you want. The best affirmations help you believe in yourself more fully, trust your higher self to guide you, and lead you to a more positive and happier life.
While change can confusing and overwhelming, if we keep the right perspective, change can also be rewarding, refreshing, and even exciting. The important thing to remember is that when you’re facing times of change, your perspective will determine how well you navigate that change. Practicing positive affirmations for change daily is one way to assure your inner beliefs and thinking habits align with the life you want to live.
Affirmations to Invite Change into Your Life
1. The time to be who I came here to be is now.
2. I invite wonderful new opportunities to arrive in my life today.
3. I am worthy to receive my deepest desires.
4. It is safe to follow my bliss.
5. I embrace positive new habits with ease.
6. I am a high achiever; success comes easy for me.
7. I take charge of today … I do not let today take charge of me.
8. My beautiful vision for my life and my determination to make it so creates the amazing life I live.
9. I deserve to receive the dreams of my heart and I go after them with wholehearted enthusiasm.
10. I am always supported.
11. My persistence and resilience move mountains.
12. I understand the power of doing a little bit every day to work towards my goals and take small positive steps forward every day.
13. With a positive mindset and positive actions, I manifest the life of my dreams.
14. I am always in a state of becoming … always growing … always open to rising to the next level.
15. I have the power to change my life.
16. I feed my passions and interests. I expand my knowledge. I deliberately find ways to grow and stretch and expand my life.
17. I choose to find ways to continuously improve, not because I’m lacking but because I know I’ll always be capable of learning and growing.
18. I don’t need to see the entire road ahead to know that everything’s going to be okay. All is well in my world.
19. I know my thoughts have creative power so I often deliberately dwell on thoughts of hope, love, abundance, health, and joy.
20. I refuse to be a prisoner of my past habits and thoughts. I can quickly adopt new habits and think in new ways anytime I want to.
21. My life is what I choose it to be. I choose to make it awesome!
22. I release my fears and walk beyond what I once perceived were my limitations, and as I do this, amazing new doors open for me.
23. I am determined to live my highest life, doing the highest good I can with the gifts, talents, and resources I am entrusted with.
Affirmations to Handling Difficult Changes
24. I take steps forward in faith, confident that the fog will clear and the way will be revealed.
25. There’s no need to fret; all is always well in my world.
26. I am in charge of my mind; I choose to remain in peace.
27. I am strong and capable and can handle anything that comes my way.
28. I have everything I need for this journey; all my needs are abundantly met.
29. I reject scarcity thinking and embrace an abundance mentality. There’s plenty to go around, and I share my blessings in every way I can.
30. All I need to know is revealed when I look within.
31. Miracles are real, and I am always open to receiving them.
32. Life’s challenges only make me stronger and more resilient.
33. I release with love all that no longer serves me.
34. Calmness is mine at any moment I call it forward into my life.
35. I am brave and capable.
36. I look for the good in all people and in all situations, and I find it with ease.
37. I trust that the universe has my back.
38. My life keeps changing for the better.
39. Something good will come from the changes I’m experiencing right now.
40. I’m not being rejected; I’m being redirected.
41. I can do hard things.
42. I possess the strength I need for anything that comes my way.
43. After every storm in my life, the sun always returns.
44. I choose to love and care for myself and remain hopeful.
45. I’m a possibilitarian; I choose to see the positive possibilities in what’s happening in my life right now.
“The transformative effects of positive affirmations are backed by real-world evidence. Self-affirmations have been shown to decrease stress, are linked positively to academic achievement, help make individuals more resilient, and may even help people live longer.” –Maryville University